Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Stress, laughter, anticipation, tears, gladness...and everything in between.

I have seven days--no, less than that (today is almost over). As the time grows nearer, I am growing more sad, glad, apprehensive, and...oh it is so hard to articulate a woman's emotions! And that is another frustration.

I am just realizing how many people I have built my life upon and around. And how many people I have so intricately woven into my heart who must be missed this summer. Oh yes, it is only a summer. But what a summer it is to be! I will officially graduate when I return in the Fall, and then comes adulthood (my eighteenth birthday) and responsibility. Where has Beka, that little girl run off to? Will she ever return? Can she ever? This is such a turbulent and unpredictable time. Will I be happy? Will I be strong enough to face my dreaded nemesis, "real life" without flinching? Most of all, will I serve my Master faithfully, and persevere.

Many of you have been so kind as to wish me well, and bestow on me such tokens of faithful friendship, now in this short time before my departure. You all are so precious to me. I, who call myself a writer, can scarce find appropriate words to express it. What a grand send-off you wonderful people are giving me--full of warmth and love and good wishes.

I am flying into the unknown. Although I have visited New York before this and loved it, people are what make a place worth seeing. Yes, I will be with my dear sister and brother, and their sweet babies, but other than they, my whole world will be new. Unexplored. Unfamiliar. You must pardon me, I am feeling just a trifle sentimental at present. But you must promise me one small thing:

Don't forget me amid you summer delights or trials, inrigues or drudgeries. Remember that I haven't moved to Mars, I'm still sufficiently accesible here in the capitol of the world. And if you happen to think of me sometimes, present me to God in your hearts.

That was more than one little thing, but I am sure that after you have thought it over and pondered it you will find it within your hearts to forgive me. And now--if any of you would enjoy hearing from me other than on this blog while I am away, I would very much appreciate it if you would give me your home addresses, and I promise to drop postcards, letters, notes, whatever I have time for at any particular time. Some of you no doubt have already bestowed such information upon me in the past, but please do so again so I may be sure of having it all written in my little book. Email would be the most convenient of the modes of communication--if you would be so kind?

Note: See my updated profile if my email address is needed.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! According to popular belief, it's only men who can't understand a woman's emotions. I guess women are an enigma even to themselves! *hehe* Just a brotherly ribbing.
Well, I AM glad, however, that you are going to be a little bit closer to where I am with this move. Making you a little more accessible-if only in the imagination. But hey, 3 hours closer is 3 hours closer, right?

Brandy said...

Bunches of love to you Beka. I won't see you before you get back, so I wish you a wonderful, fun, exciting, and...just...the BEST summer!!!! See you in August - feel free to e-mail me - if you don't have my address, just post something on my blog or whatever.:) I'll miss you and pray for you always.

from your most devoted Brandywine <3 lol (that's supposed to be a heart:)

Anonymous said...

Beka,
Hope you have a great summer! Can't wait til I see you in August (you better be back in time for that conference or I'll be very mad at you). While we're at camp you'll have to tell me about all your adventures while you were so far away from home!
LYLAS,
Eliesje

CelloChic said...

My, my, what fun you will have. I hope have wonderful quality time with you Ben&Sarah&Co.
Graduating? What? I'm so behind everything...will you have a ceremony? You've grown up so quickly, as have we all.
I will remember you in prayer!

Gloria said...

Oh Rebekah! Yes you will be missed. (by me anyway) How could I forget the girl that has since brightened my emails and life since we met only just over a year ago. I do hope you will enjoy your summer with your family. Really you are graduating. Thats great!! See you sunday.

Gloria said...

Rebekah have you ever thought of putting your poems to music? You know like songs. Some of them really pretty and touching. If you have not then I would encourge you to think about it.

Andrea said...

hey bek,
I will miss you teribly. Every one seems to be leaving me with the exception of Jenna and Sara of course. First Angela now you:( Well I hope you have an absolutly wonderfuly fun summer. I do have to admit htat I am a bit jealious of you getting to go to New York. Anyway that just makes me all the more happy for you.:) Have fun and do be sure and come back.ok. Talk to you Sunday.:) :)

Rebekah said...

Thank you so very much my dear friends. If you haven't figured it out yet, I'll miss you all like, like, Jeronimo! (don't ask me)

Love to infinity and beyond!
xoxo

Crystal said...

Nathan,
It's sad but true at times we woman even frustrate ourselves, at least I know I do at times! Keeps us intersting though right???? LOL

Rebekah,
Your feelings of excitment, loss, aprehension, gladness, etc. are all feelings that I have shared so many times in the last few years as things have changed, changed and changed again. They are all part of the process and I applaud you for embrassing them and moving ahead as you prepare for your trip. I regret that I probably won't get to give you one last hug before you leave but know that I am thinking of you and will keep you in my prayers until you return.

(((((((((Rebekah)))))))))))

gr@ce said...

When you move out and get your own apartment, can I come and spend the night??

gr@ce said...

*sigh*

Your vocabulary never ceases to amaze me=)