Wednesday, August 24, 2005

New York Chronicle: Issue V [over & out]

The sweetest thing
I have ever known:
A little pixie face
peeking out in glee
from the folds of a
giant bath-towel.

The greatest thing
I have ever known:
A face and heart upraised
in passionate devotion
to the Lord of Lords.

The loveliest thing
I have ever known:
contentment and
submission in duty
and in love.


It has been one of those times. When you stand back helplessly, simply because you know there is nothing you can do. You stand back and watch amid the fuss and flurry, and you feel as if your heart is preparing to walk out of the door, and board a plain bound for a destination beyond the bounds of your ability to
retrieve.

We have said the last goodbyes. They have gone. And somehow, I felt that I should have been there. There in that truck, squeezed once again between those two car seats, reading about a goldfish for the entertainment of the dearest children alive.

The past two months were possibly the best spent of my life, and yet looking back, I only wish that somehow I could have squeezed even more out of every minute. I'll never stop thanking God for this time. I'll never stop thanking God for life. For breathe. For intellect. For relationships. For peace. For passion. For goodness. And most of all, for the love of Christ.

And now it is all up to me. It is a frightening thought. But nonetheless true. It is up to me to take what I have learned, to take the abundance of wise words bestowed upon me, and follow on. Follow on to know God.
"Then you shall know, if you follow on to know the Lord, His going forth is prepared as the morning, and He shall come as the rain, as the latter and former rain upon the earth." ~Hosea 6:3
Follow on day by day in patience, pleasure, perseverance, passion. Till at the end I will have the glorious words proclaimed triumphantly over me, "She has not wasted it!"

Go with God my friends.

5 comments:

CelloChic said...

I am positively overjoyed for you! You're so inspirational.
We'll have to catch up on the last few months in some Sunday night's phone call.

Kristi said...

I am challenged Beka, thank you!
So good to have you back. :)

sarah said...

Bek, I love you. Thank you for making my transition to NY easier for me. Whenever I am with you, I am amazed at the jewel God has created. You must definitely come back.

On a totally different subject, did I miss it or did you post about the awesome thing we got to do in Manhattan? ;)

Keep in touch, girl.

Gloria said...

That was so sweet. I'm sorry that you miss New York so much. But I have to say seeing your face yesturday was a wonderful thing. I'm glad that you are home. (as in here not New York)

Crystal said...

I am happy for you that you had such a wonderful time. Now that I am home again let's try and get together one day soon.