Thursday, April 20, 2006

I am beautiful!

"I feel pretty, oh so pretty, I feel pretty and witty and gay--and I pity any girl who isn't meee toooooday..." -Maria

Well. So I suppose I owe you all a sufficiently reassuring explanation for my oddity of a title. Never fear, I shall oblige. Perhaps not quite so fully as you would like, or with so great abandon as you would wish.

Congratulate me! For as of Tuesday, 20 April, 2006, I have suddenly, instantaneously, and quite miraculously, become beautiful, unique, quite bright, and very pious. That is, I am all these things if indeed the word of charming seventeen-year-old gentlemen in general may be given credibility. Enough said. Let me assure you all that I hardly attribute all these scintillating qualities to myself.

Fret not, this too shall pass. As too, shall the young gentleman in question, once I turn him down with as much kindness and tact as I can muster.

10 comments:

Brandy said...

my stars, dear!! have you received a proposal or something equally exciting ?! :) lol, anyway... you definitely are beeyootiful :D <3

Brandy said...

oh. and it't Thursday, not Tuesday :) are you all flustered ?....... :)

Rebekah said...

Well no, actually it was Tuesday--I wrote the wrong date. Nothing out of the ordinary I'm afraid. :)

Poor fellow. I shall have to let him down easy...don't I sound shockingly patronizing? Ach!

Anonymous said...

Just give him your blog address :P

Balvanz said...

So it sounds as if he is not your knight in shining armor?

workaholic said...

So what part of the description by this gentlemen did you feel had no credibilty? From what I know none of that description is incorrect, although pious I will have to look up. maybe he should have added humble to the list. And none of this instantaniously happend on the 20th of April.

Gloria said...

You know, I can't help but feel sorry for the poor guy.

hopeful said...

While I would not take the word of a charming seventeen-year-old gentleman to an apparently equally charming girl to be be pure fact, I do suspect there is some truth to it. :-)

CelloChic said...

What goes around comes around...keep turning, girl. :)

Rebekah said...

Hurrah! Good news all:

This good boy has admitted to posessing a "girl friend." Therefore he has no business flirting with me. Hah!