Saturday, July 01, 2006

The sage speaks

Yet another Joelism:

"Do you mind?" I asked audaciously, and giggled as I wiped my hands gleefully on Joel's shirt-sleeve. My hands were quite wet and grimy after my run-in with the depths of Davy Jones Locker you see.

"I don't mind," said the incorrigable fiend, and went on to explain, "ask my wife--she'll tell you that I never mind." His eyes twinkled in such a manner that I could not help but laugh.

Some days later this same gentleman informed me that he minds none but his mother.

Hmph. I don't believe a syllable of it, and neither should you.

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

Mark--you did say...

Mike said...

What were you doing getting your hands dirty in Davy Jones Locker?

Rebekah said...

Playing dear sir, just playing.

Mike said...

Davy Jones locker is a place of many deep entraping secrets. So do be careful.