Monday, November 22, 2004

To what point and what purpose?

Four days ago I passed from "sweet sixteen" to "sour seventeen", as several wise people have already informed me. Although I'm not completely convinced that they speak rightly, it does inspire in me a nagging fear that it may indeed be true. For many people the passing of another birthday is abhorent for it reminds them that they are not so slowly, and surely aging. For myself it has never been so. For instince, sixteen sounds, feels, smells, tastes, and most of the time looks quite young, and all ages before it are nothing to speak of. But seventeen--pardon my language--Seventeen.....is Scary. Um, does this mean that I have to be mature?? Oh dear.

"sigh"

Ah well, I have determined to mark this new year of my life with a novel and exciting undertaking which you must know......is this blog! I trust that my readers will bear with this poor specimen of a writer and glean at the very least some amusement from my striving.

3 comments:

Mark said...

Yay! I'm the very first comment on my sister's blog. I'm feeling good about that! You are now linked on mine, in case you were wondering.

I didn't have a very sour year when I was your age so I don't think that will be a problem. But yes, it DOES mean you have to be mature :p At least as mature as...well, as mature as your older brother Mark!

Kristi said...

Oh I am so glad you have a blog now!! You are off to a good start! Don't let anyone scare you about being 17. It's a good age.
I will be adding your link to my blog just as soon as I figure out how to do so. (hooray! another link for my blog!).
Happy Birthday Beka! Hope it's a wonderful year!
Kristi

Rebekah said...

Hey you!
I know you get a little chagrined when I get dramatic, but I've warned everyone who comes to this site that one of my flukiest faults is being a "romantic schoolgirl". Only problem is that I tend to revel in that particular fault! =O Ahhh, woe is me!

But as far as you go--I'm absolutely serious when I say that your knowledge, values, striving, all makes me aspire to resemble you if and when I can. xoxo

~Y.A.L.S.(your annoying little sister)