Wednesday, November 24, 2004

1 day--or 365?

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I'm wondering if there are people out there who have trouble spending just one day thanking God for his blessings--besides me.

Has anyone ever gotten so caught up in preparations, and family, and everything under the sun, then suddenly remembered what the day is for, stopped, tried to think seriously about it only to get swept away in a whirlwind of pumpkin pie and stuffing in a moment??

I don't think anyone doesn't know what I mean, but what if this day is more than just one day devoted to thankfulness. Maybe its so much more than that--a day to remember for the rest of the year. This time perhaps could be a primer that gets our focus centered on God and keeps it strong and true to Him.

Well, I have an opportunity only 24 hours away to dive into a day and make it matter forever after.

No comments: