Sunday, May 14, 2006

My dearest

What I have to say has already been said beautifully by my big brother in Bosnia. Thank you Nathan for your blessedly concise, heartfelt words. Oh how I love you!

Like my brother, I love my Mother. She is my role-model, my confidant, my counselor, my comforter, my friend. She possesses wisdom by many, many more years of experience than I. She has learned to love each of her children as the individuals they are. She loves them each the same, and each differently. She stretches herself beyond the limits of human possibility. She abandons her human tendency to serve her own needs in favor of serving ours instead. Who am I ever to judge her? Who am I ever to rebuke her? I, who am so frail, so brittle, so very hard to bend. She is the epitome of flexibility and grace. God bless her as we do. Or rather, may we bless her as God will surely do. And has. And does. Amen.

Praise God that His wisdom saw it fitting to create mothers. He didn't have to. But He did nevertheless.

1 comment:

Gloria said...

That was a very sweet post Rebekah.