Saturday, October 21, 2006

I talk too much...

...so I'm letting other people put their oars in for once!

"Can I be used to help others find truth when I'm scared I'll find proof that its a lie?" --Nickel Creek, Why Should The Fire Die?

"Of all letters, the love letter should be the most carefully prepared. Among the written missives, they are the most thoroughly read and re-read, the longest preserved, and the most likely to be regretted in the afterlife." --Professor Thomas E. Hill, The Essential Handbook of Visctorian Etiquette

"Who makes the waters of my sorrow part and leads the gladness into my heart...its You." --Jaci Velasquez

"Men of sense don't want silly wives." --Mr. Nightly, Emma

"Winter must be cold for those who have no warm memories--we've already missed the Spring!" --Terry McKay, An Affair to Remember

"I heartily believe in equality of rights as between man and woman, but also in full and emphatic recognition of the fact that normally there cannot be identity of function. Indeed, there must normally be complete dissimilarity of function between them, and the effort to ignore this patent fact is silly." --Teddy Roosevelt

"They've eaten the baby!" --Nanny Wetstone, Nanny McPhee

"I did knock." --Nanny McPhee, Nanny McPhee

"The term is over: the holidays have begun. The dream is ended: this is the morning." --Aslan, The Last Battle

"All their life in this world and all their adventures in Narnia had only been the cover and the title page; now at last they were beginning Chapter One of the Great Story, which no one on earth has read; which goes on forever; in which every chapter is better than the one before." --C.S. Lewis, The Last Battle

"The Autumn can color me gold and the Winter can dress me in snow but its You I see, the timeless part of me. In the Springtime I'm young once again in the Summer I dance on the wind but its You I see, the timeless part of me." --Levi Kreis, Timeless

"BIG Z, little z, what begins with Z? I am a Zizzer Zazzer Zuz as you can plainly see!" --Dr. Seuss

"Its hard to stop a soprano--or was that a train?" --Gerald Rutgers

7 comments:

Crystal said...

I am sure Gerald would be very happy to see his quote amongst so a line up!

Gloria said...

You talk to much??? Uhhuh right. Whatever.

Balvanz said...

Those are great quotes...I love the C.S. Lewis ones and Mr. Knightly's quote. You've inspired me to post my favorite Jane Austen quotes. :)

Mike said...

they've eaten the baby?

Rebekah said...

Watch the movie Michael--I promise you it will make more sense. :)

Gloia you are too kind. Really.

Rebekah said...

Crystal--
My copy of the Messiah is littered with quotes of Gerald's I'm afraid. :)

I'm so gratified to have been an inspirational force in your life Abbie!

Nathan said...

Ah, Gerald! Isn't he great? He comes up with the greatest phrases.