Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Thoughts of today

Whatcom would be ever-so much more inspiring if it had a more dignified presence. The look of old buildings, the smell of old books, the sound of old, echoing halls would all roll themselves up and read themselves to my senses like a poem to the heart of a romantic schoolgirl.

I need Christ every minute.

The spring of work, of accomplishment feeds the stream of my joy. Now, more than ever, I realize that man was indeed created for the dignity of God-glorifying labor, and thus the joy of it all.

Bus drivers are often very nice dears.

The sleepy-eyed child of Summer seems to be struggling obstinately for wakefulness. It had a particularly lucid moment today. Blessed sunshine did indeed warm our bones, toes, and everything in between.

My brother shouldn't spend his hard-earned money so recklessly on me. I'm an accomplished consumer.

9 comments:

Mike said...

That was confusing.

Mark said...

two thoughts--

you need to check out Western's library for the echos, hallways and old book smells--and a hundred old wooden desks for good measure.

Scott at work jokingly said that everything with he and his wife is 50-50. Marty responded: "yeah, she cooks, you eat"

Rebekah said...

What was confusing?

Western does have some good stuff I suppose. Hmm...*adjusting additude*

So what does that say about us? You pay, I drink? Interesting. Not a bad deal actually.

Gloria said...

Your post Rebekah was very random. And in a way confusing to read.

Balvanz said...

I love your writing, Rebekah, keep it up! Your picture is adorable too!

Rebekah said...

Thank you Abbie!

Your horse is treating you with respect I trust--do tell. :)

Balvanz said...

Yes, she hasn't bucked me since that first time...I am learning how to handle her better :) I'm havin' fun with her to say the least!!

Anonymous said...

come visit your friends and family in Europe for crumbling stones and weathered vistas. :) And free lodging just fifteen minutes from a castle or two... Beth

Rebekah said...

Oh...how could I possibly resist? Good to hear from you Beth. You have my word (the word of a lady must not be doubted) that the first chance I get you shall find me bashing around Europe. Ah, yes.