Wednesday, March 21, 2007

This Dancing Virgin

"The Lord has appeared of old to me,
saying:
'Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting
love;
Therefore with lovingkindness I have
drawn you.
Again I will build you, and you shall be
rebuilt,
O virgin of Israel!
You shall again be adorned with your
tambourines,
And shall go forth in the dances of those
who rejoice."
--Jeremiah 31: 3,4

Wow. That is justification. Guilt is merely a theory until you know it by experience. Grace too is merely a vague concept never truly understood until seized upon. Here I go again, shouting out the same old story: fairy tale forgiveness, irrepressible joy, remarkable restoration. I can't help it! God keeps doing incredible things, and as long as He continues, I shall have to sing His praises.

Shakespeare may have said that "silence is the perfectest herald of joy," but for once I can't agree with him quite wholeheartedly. God's grace is too glorious for silence. It just makes me want to scream with delight!

7 comments:

Anna said...

Amen!!!

A very beautiful new post.




I have yet to hear back from the e-mail that I sent you last Thursday. I really want to know your opinion.

Loves

Ruth said...

It's such an old story, but it happens every day, with a new twist, in a new context to every believer! Ruth wanders towards darkness and evil... God picks her up and puts her back in His guiding light... Ruth wanders again (and the story repeats itself.)
Sad. And awesome, amazing, ever changing. Thanks for the reminder, Beka; I want to "scream with delight" with you!

Rebekah said...

Anna--I didn't get an email...I wish I did!

I promise that I will write you a snail mail letter this very night (I'm on Spring break now you know).

Little Wolf said...

What a beautiful reminder! Such hope and love ("screaming with delight" - does it get any better?) is receiving the Kingdom of Heaven as a child!

Hope to see yout tonight!
With Love,
Kathy

Anna said...

Have you gotten it yet??

Anonymous said...

Makes me think of Jesus saying that if his disciples were silent, the rocks would cry out. Shakespeare was definitely wrong in this case. "For His mercy endures forever!" The psalmist sure couldn't stop saying it! Love you!
--your sis on the nest

Balvanz said...

That was beautiful Rebekah!! I've missed your writings. =)