Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Out of the wilderness

"Who is this coming up from the wilderness, leaning upon her beloved?"
Song of Solomon 8:5a

Someday they will see me on the hazy desert horizon, and at first they won't know it is me.
The steady ripple of heat will enshroud my tired body, dust will be like a robe for me.
Nothing will stretch out like a cruel cat behind me.
But this time it won't be allowed to pounce on me or beat me with its Nothing, Nothing paws.
I will come out of Egypt much more worn and brown than I went in, but every new line on my face will be like love kisses from my Beloved.
Oh yes, yes, my Beloved who at that moment as I look up is looking down at me with all the pride and joy of a bridegroom laughing out from His oasis eyes.
And as they look they will know that something wondrous has happened, is happening, or is soon to happen.
They will see me leaning on the arm of my Beloved and they will run to meet us and prepare a feast and shout and dance for joy that we have come.
Someday they will see me coming up from the wilderness and they will praise my Beloved.

No comments: