Thursday, January 20, 2005

~dear dreams~

Dreams. Idyllic fantasies of the night hours.

They are subconcious yearnings that often take us by surprise. Yes, and sometimes even shock or amuse us.

I am one of those fortunate people who is supplied nightly with a new store of thrilling matters to keep me company during the day.

If ever I was to stop dreaming, I think that a great amount of joy would leave my life instantly.

As a writer, I see dreams as wonderful new stories that I don't need to work to invent--in fact sometimes I wonder if it is really my brain that spins these fantastic yarns at all. For it seems to me that your mind couldn't possibly create such situations all by itself without even being aware of it. But then, I'm no scientist.

Hey, wouldn't it be amazing if our dreams were inspired by God like in the Bible?

Well, I would be delighted to share my dreams here on this blog, but unfortunately they are usually a little too personal to publish. Maybe when my internal news anchor comes up with something decent and interesing for the general public I'll let you in on them. Until then my lovely night musings will have to remain a private delight.

I actually feel quite sorry for you all!

4 comments:

Kristi said...

I wish my dreams were more logical! There is no way I could make a story out of them I'm afraid :(
oh well, I do love to hear good dream stories (hint hint)!

Mark said...

Beka knows how we all roll our eyes when she pipes up about a dream that she had. :)

Rebekah said...

Yeah, I feel like Joseph sometimes--all I need is a coat of many colors...

Mark said...

I don't really mind hearing dreams. The problem is that it is usually in the morning (cranky time) when someone tries to tell me about them.