Tuesday, November 29, 2005

"Over the ground lies a mantle of white..."

Oh joy!

Last night the first bold snowflakes flew with determination into my unsuspecting face as I exited 1st Christian Reformed Church. I was so impressed by the vigor of their appearance that I was struck with a sense of the mere joyfulness of the occasion.

This morning I peeked out my still dark window to discover that a mantle of white was indeed lying over the ground! It is beautiful, the quarter is almost over, and I am one very happy girl.

The very first snow of the season. Oh let it snow! And it isn't December quite yet either. ¡Es mui bonita!

"Sleigh bells ring! Are you listening--in the lane the snow is glistening, its a beautiful sight, we're happy tonight..."

8 comments:

Gloria said...

Snow! I love snow. It was snowing a little bit last night while I was at work. But this morning there is only enough on the ground to remind me what almost happened. *sigh* I was so hopeing for some snow...

Joshua said...

Oh wonderful snow!
This morning I had to think twice about wearning sandals, shorts and a t-shirt because it was a touch nippy outside - but I ended up wearing them anyway.
What I would give for snow. Enjoy it for me will you?

Mark said...

4 wheel drive is over-rated, but nice.

Joshua...a touch nippy....oh brother. That's like 50 degrees? the really fun in the northwest is the constant change. Here on campus it was snowy of course. by lunch it was almost all gone and sunny! Halfhour later it was coming down HARD for the next hour. Then it stopped and in another hour it was sunny again. and those several new inches are almost all melted. What a freak show! alternating between sunglasses and rain gear every hour.

Crystal said...

I am with you Rebekah. To say that I love the snow is an understatement. somehow I can never act my age when it snows...I get all giddy and smile silly! it's magic really.

Gloria said...

Ooh! We got some slush on the home from class. Hoping for snow.

Anonymous said...

Snow...yay!!Up here in Canada (where we supposedly live in Igloos!) had about 3 cm or so of snow this morning when I left for school. Then, while at school, it snowed more.We're supposed to get more between now and thurs. I also had the adventure of my first ever drive in the snow..I heard it only gets worse!!Miss ya, Beka!Hugs!

Gloria said...

Guess What Rebekah! We got snow! I'm hoping that it will last until tomorrow. But we will see. I took some pictures and will try to post them on my blog but that will not happen until at least Saturday or Sunday. I'm so happy!

sarah said...

Hey Bek, we had snow Upstate every night during Thanksgiving week, but I didn't think we would get snow in LI so soon! It snowed here Saturday night (a couple of inches - enough to completely cover the ground) and again last night! I wonder if this is a preview of what winter will be like?